POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : PovRay compile : Re: PovRay compile Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:02:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay compile
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 May 2004 11:41:37
Message: <4093c531@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns94DCA97D52895raf256com@203.29.75.35>, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj"
<spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> how can I (for testing purposes mainly) compile Povray "stand alone" that
> is, as a user (not root), in local directory (not some /bin/) etc?
>
> TO have it working just i.e. small C++ program, I just write
>   g++ a.cpp -o a.run
> and then I use program by
>   ./run
>
> and thats all. How to do same for povray?

Well, a good hint should be that if you don't know, you are probably not up
to it!  In particular because hardly any package you can get as source is
not compiled with the usual "./configure" script and "make" command
sequence.  And this is no different for POV-Ray...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde